This post is mostly for the ladies, because the featured website is mostly for women…. However, the basic thoughts/feelings behind it can apply to anyone and if you’re wanting insight into the way (some) women think, here’s a window.
Personally, I love this blog. It’s humorous and Brittany has become a sort of champion of self acceptance and accepting others, imperfections and all.
A few disclaimers:
- It’s not for everyone. She’s crude at times (okay, most of the time) and goes pretty far into TMI Land, so if you’re squeamish or if you want to keep the illusion that women are dainty flowers, you might want to pass on this.
- You could potentially be offended by her language or by her views on life. So…. if you’re easily offended, you should skip this.
- It’s not really a health blog…. Actually, it’s not even close.
Why you *might* like it:
- She’s real. She struggles with self esteem, she struggles with her weight, she struggles with loving herself…. but she’s trying.
- She’s a big promoter of loving yourself as you are. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t strive to be as healthy as possible, but on days when I’m feeling really low and hating myself, sometimes THIS helps a little.
- When I’m feeling stuck in a rut, posts like THIS inspire me and make me want to find ways to inspire others.
- And THIS. This woman is so brave!
So, if you’ve read through my disclaimers and you STILL want to check it out, visit Brittany, Herself (formerly Barefoot Foodie). This is definitely a little different (or a lot) from the typical websites I feature on here, but I think working on your mental health/happiness is a pretty big component of overall wellness. Don’t read this to find tips on fitness or diet, but read it to remind yourself that you don’t have to wait until you’re at your goal weight to like yourself. You can (and should) like yourself waaaayyyy before that point. Stop beating yourself up and be NICE to yourself. You deserve it.
P.S. Keep in mind, this is NOT a work-associated blog. This is my own personal blog, so….. yeah. I’ll stop there. 🙂