Just when I thought I’d have to rush home Friday night and search for info for some quick blog posts for the weekend, RZW came to the rescue! Here are some tips he passed on from online:
Heavy and Light Cleaning
- Twenty minutes of heavy cleaning, like scrubbing a floor, burns 90 calories in the woman and 104 in the man. Light cleaning, like mopping a floor, burns 63 calories in the woman and 73 calories in the man.
- Vacuuming the floor for 20 minutes burns 69 calories in the woman and 80 calories in the man.
- The woman burns 33 calories washing dishes for 20 minutes, while the man burns 44 calories for the same job.
Cleaning the Bath
- Cleaning the bathroom for 20 minutes burns 38 calories in the woman and 44 calories in the man.
- Kick up the volume by cleaning gutters. Twenty minutes of gutter cleaning burns 102 calories in the woman and 117 in the man.
- Washing windows for 20 minutes burns 51 and 92 calories in the woman and man, respectively.