I made these babies for dinner last night and they were DELICIOUS!!! I found the recipe on Cooking Light, which linked me to HERE. You need to click on that link, print the recipe, get groceries if you need them, and make it NOW. Yum!
First you mix up some eggs (I made a double batch), red peppers, panko bread crumbs, and other tasty ingredients:
Add some canned salmon (pick the bones and skin out first – yuck), mix it all up, form it into patties, and stick it on a skillet!
Cook until golden brown. While they were cooking, I put some asparagus, olive oil, and minced garlic in another pan:
Whip up a yummy sauce, and here’s my DELICIOUS meal:
This meal was so incredibly good. I made a double batch so we had leftovers for lunch. It was equally good cold, and I think it would be great on top of a bed of field greens.
- 1/4 cup organic canola mayonnaise (such as Spectrum), divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) packages skinless, boneless pink salmon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped capers
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard, and next 7 ingredients (through egg), stirring well. Add panko; toss. Shape mixture into 8 (3-inch) patties.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. Combine remaining mayonnaise, juice, and mustard with parsley, capers, garlic, and salt, stirring well.
Ann Taylor Pittman, Cooking Light
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 9.7g
- Protein: 18.8g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 801mg
- Calcium: 16mg