The weather’s turning cooler, and now it’s time for CHILI!!! Here’s LaaLoosh’s tasty version of white chicken chili…
White Chicken Chili Recipe
Tasty and hearty, this low calorie White Chicken Chili Recipe is not only an easy dish to make, it has just 5 Points + per serving, making it a great idea for a healthy Weight Watchers dinner.
- 8 oz cooked skinless chicken breast, shredded
- 2 15-ounce cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chiles, jalepenos, cumin, coriander, chili powder and salt & pepper.Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Mix in chicken, lime juice and cilantro and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Dollop each serving with 1/2 tbsp sour cream.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Read more: http://www.laaloosh.com/2011/10/17/white-chicken-chili-recipe/#ixzz1b4KFvf4t