Glamour posted this on Facebook… It linked to a cool new-to-me blog called ShowFood Chef. Click HERE to check it out!
1) Kiwi – peeled and cut in 1 inch thick rounds, with a popsicle stick in each round. Freeze on a tray in the freezer.
2) 1 cup Chopped dark chocolate and 1/2 cup Coconut oil – melted over a double boiler, then cooled to room temp.
3) Dip each Kiwi-pop into the chocolate mixture (it will immediately turn crispy) and place on a tray to refreeze or pass around right now.
One serving of KIWI:
* contains the same amount of fiber as a BOWL of bran cereal.
* contains the same amount of potassium as a banana
* provides the recommended dietary allowance of vitamin C
Folate (good for pregnant women), Lutein (helps prevent age-related blindness), Zinc (healthy hair, skin, teeth), Vitamin E (antioxidant and immune system booster) AND…the enzyme found in green kiwifruit makes a natural meat tenderizer. Who knew?
Now, as good as these popsicles taste – I’d really love to eat one of those kiwifruit while laying on the beach in the Bay of Plenty in New Zealand. So, I’m entering Zespri’s Kiwi-contest (a trip for 4 to New Zealand!) – which you can do also, just by the usual filling out name, etc and letting them know. Go check out the Great Kiwi Adventure, right here.