www.delish.com lives up to its name. Here’s a link to a unique dessert – Fire-Roasted Nectarines! Make this and you won’t feel deprived.
- 2 cup(s) strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) raspberries
- 1/3 cup(s) blueberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium ripe nectarines, cut in half and pitted
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare salsa: In medium bowl, mix strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and pinch salt. Set aside. Makes 2 cups.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling on medium. Spray cut sides of nectarine halves with nonstick cooking spray. Place nectarine halves on hot grill grate and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until lightly charred and tender, turning over once.
- To serve, in each of 4 dessert bowls, place 2 nectarine halves, cut sides up, and top with berry salsa.
Tips & Techniques
No access to an outdoor grill? Nectarines can be cooked indoors on a ridged grill pan. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat on medium until hot, then grill nectarines as directed.