Back to LaaLoosh… This looks like a super treat! Click HERE for the FULL post!
Apple Butter French Toast Recipe
– 6 slices light bread (I used Sara Lee Delightful)
– 3/4 cup egg substitute
– 2/3 cup fat-free skim milk
– 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate (I used the frozen kind)
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp slivered almonds
– 1 tbsp honey
– a few spritz’s of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray
– 1/4 cup apple butter
– 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
*If you prefer to make your own homemade Apple Butter, check out this fabulous low calorie apple butter recipe!
Place bread in a 9-inch square baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine egg substitute, milk, apple juice concentrate and vanilla extract. Pour over bread and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Spitz with a few sprays of the 0 calorie butter spray, drizzle with the honey, and then sprinkle with the almonds. Combine apple butter and allspice; serve with French toast.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 slice
Each serving = 2 Point Total