About 10 (3-ounce) freezer pops
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- 1/3-1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced bananas, (about 2 large)
- Whisk sugar to taste, cornstarch and salt in a large saucepan. Add milk and whisk until combined. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Put about half the pudding in a food processor or blender and add bananas. Process until smooth. (Use caution when pureeing hot liquids.) Stir the mixture back into the remaining pudding.
- Divide the mixture among freezer-pop molds. Insert the sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 6 hours. Dip the molds briefly in hot water before unmolding.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Freeze for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Ten 3-ounce (or similar-size) freezer-pop molds
Per serving: 82 calories; 1 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 3 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 41 mg sodium; 112 mg potassium.