Serves: Prep: 20min Cook: 10min Total: 30min
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2″ thickness
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches watercress or arugula
- 3 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- Coat a broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the broiler.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the mustard and egg white. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and lemon peel. Dip the chicken into the mustard mixture, turning to coat, and then into the bread-crumb mixture, pressing to coat thoroughly with crumbs. Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Broil 6″ from the heat for 10 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear. If the chicken browns too quickly, turn off the broiler and bake the chicken in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the basil, vinegar, oil, and salt. Add the watercress or arugula, tomatoes, and onion, and toss to coat well. Evenly divide the salad among 4 plates. Top each with a chicken breast.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
|SATURATED FAT||2.9 G|
|TOTAL SUGARS||3.3 G|
|DIETARY FIBER||2.3 G|