From Fat Secret …
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
A indulgent modification on oatmeal chocolate cookies.
- 1 /4 cups oats
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsifted confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Coat no-stick baking sheets with no-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, brown sugar, confectioners’ sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until well-blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2″ between cookies.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool. If using parchment paper, slide the cookies and parchment paper onto a countertop to cool.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat 27
|% Daily Values*|
|Total Fat 3.05g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.962g||5%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.545g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.361g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.04g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4%|