So this isn’t really cooking… It starts with a mix, but it is super tasty and low in calories.
An ENTIRE box of this soup as prepared is 360 calories (40 cal per serving, 9 servings per box). I only added some diced carrot, diced celery, and green onion, which is minimal on the calorie count.
- Matzo ball soup mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 T vegetable oil
- Diced carrots, about 1 cup
- Diced celery, about 1 cup
- Diced green onion, about 1 cup
- Prepare the matzo ball mix as directed on the box (usually it’s adding 2 eggs and 2 T vegetable oil). Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator while you do the other steps.
- Mix broth flavoring with water as directed on the box (my box said 10 cups of water). Bring to a boil with diced carrots and celery.
- Pinch off small bits of the matzo mix and drop into the boiling water. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the green onion.
- Ladle into a bowl and enjoy the sweet deliciousness.